Packet Power provides the easiest way to capture detailed power consumption information.
Smart power cables
Packet Power's smart power cables incorporate advanced power and temperature measurement technology into the power cable itself. When plugged in, the power cables automatically start recording power usage and sharing the information over a self-configuring wireless network.
Easy installation – no complex configuration:
Wireless monitoring for overhead Busway Systems
Wireless monitoring systems are easy to install, and that makes them a perfect complement to overhead busway power distribution systems. You can:
- Buy busway systems with Packet Power wireless monitoring already built in (available on the Starline product line from Universal Electric Corporation).
- Purchase "pigtail" versions of Packet Power’s smart power cables that can be wired into the tap-in box just like a standard drop cord. This can be done by you at your site or by Packet Power at our location.
- Easily retrofits existing tap-in boxes that have drop cables or power receptacles by simply plugging in one of our standard smart power cables between the tap-in box and the rack PDU.
There is no need to run Ethernet cables or allocate IP addresses. Whether you want to monitor a few circuits or hundreds, just snap the tap-in box into the busway and the wireless monitoring system will form a self-configuring network and begin gathering data. That data can be used by monitoring applications from Packet Power or other monitoring applications via the SNMP or Modbus/TCPIP protocols.
Easily capture temperature data and display real-time facility heat maps.
Accurate wireless temperature, relative humidity and differential pressure monitoring:
- Easily track temperature, humidity and pressure at hundreds of points per facility.
- Overlay temperature readings on your facility layout for real-time heat maps.
- See bottom of rack/top of rack and hot isle/cold isle heat differentials.
Packet Power environmental monitors combine the ability to measure temperature at multiple levels per data centre cabinet with the ease of installation of a wireless solution.
- Different temperature probe combinations allow one environmental monitor unit to monitor up to five cabinets.
- Tailor the system to suit the needs of each area of your facility by choosing from two, three or five monitoring points per cabinet.
- Add optional relative humidity or differential pressure monitoring capabilities.
- Uses AC power or power over Ethernet.
- Small 2.6" (65mm) by 2.6" format.
- Utilises the same wireless network as Packet Power's power monitoring devices.
- Use with Power manager software and EMX energy portal for a complete solution or interface to your existing monitoring system using SNMP or Modbus.